photo 1_zpssuer63xr.jpg
 photo 0b4cf057-0133-4f3a-8ce8-4e9a6550a4d1_zps7kmigp5v.jpg photo 3_zpslgh0lnqp.jpg photo 4_zpsiiduvhei.jpg photo 5_zps520h8a3f.jpg photo 5cceda62-aece-4b68-bd7c-4b4a52ff3959_zps3lenqqhi.jpg

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Fit For School|| fun workout ideas!

Hi guys this is the second post in this series and quite awhile ago I posted a fitness routine/workout stuff that had ideas on it for how to workout so I guess you can call this a more updated version! I will post what I had originally posted a few months ago and then add on to it also so you have double the workout ideas! So lets get started with week 2 of our fitness journey! For those of you that are new to this blog I am currently in the process of getting in shape to go back to school and what better time than summer?!? So here I have included some workouts you can try at home and the gym and then some fun ab workouts because who doesn't love a good ab workout?! So lets go!!!


  1. I LOVE doing Zumba videos- I will search songs that are popular on the radio and look for a Zumba routine to do and I will do about 7 songs and that will be my workout for the day followed by my 5 minute ab workout* that I do every night! 
  2. Run, run, run! Okay I am not the biggest fan of running but I will try and run a mile around my neighborhood and then come inside and do the 5 minute abs* along with some lunges while holding two 5lb dumbbells and then also doing some squats!      
  3. Lately I have really been enjoying some walks in the park with one of my friends, we will meet at the park in the morning and talk about stuff and just walk and sometimes even run and then after every couple yards we will do some crunches or some push-ups of some squats to just get everything all toned up! 
For the gym workouts-

  1. I like to warm up with 10-15 minutes of cardio so either the treadmill or the elliptical. After that I will head over to the bike machines and do about 3 miles worth of biking. After my legs are feeling nice and tired I will go and work on my shoulders and arms; pull ups and push ups! 
  2. Once again after warming up with 10-15 minutes of cardio I will head right back on to the elliptical. I like sometimes to just do cardio for the entire workout and then follow it up with five minute abs* and so this workout is really easy because YOU pick what machines and what cardio you would like to do! 
  3. Check out you local gyms and see what kind of classes they offer for example my gym offers yoga on Mondays and Wednesdays and those are great classes because you can run before the class and then head on into yoga after a mile or so and yoga is so beneficial for your body! 
*My 5 minutes abs:
:30 Russian Twists
:30 Heal Taps 
:30 Crunches making sure to get shoulder blades off the floor!
:30 Crunches touching right elbow to left knee
:30 Crunches touching left elbow to right knee
:30 Leg Lifts
:30 Seconds of flutter kicks
:30 REST
1:00 PLANK


Another fun ab work out that I have been really enjoying is called 10,8,6,4,2, basically what you are doing is executing several different types of crunches 10 times for each type of crunch then 8 then so on and so on. The crunches go like this:

  • The first crunch your right foot is on top of your left foot 
  • The second crunch you switch your feet so left is on top of right
  • Both of your feet are down on the ground
  • Scissor crunches alternating legs
  • Rows 
  • And then ending with full crunches 
And then once you have done 10 of each you will repeat with 8 of each and then decrease! It really gives you a nice burn and then after that I would recommend doing a 1 minute plank so that you are working both upper and lower abs! 


I really hope you all are enjoying summer and I will talk to you lovelys soon!!

Xoxo
Kait 

No comments:

Post a Comment