photo 1_zpssuer63xr.jpg
 photo 0b4cf057-0133-4f3a-8ce8-4e9a6550a4d1_zps7kmigp5v.jpg photo 3_zpslgh0lnqp.jpg photo 4_zpsiiduvhei.jpg photo 5_zps520h8a3f.jpg photo 5cceda62-aece-4b68-bd7c-4b4a52ff3959_zps3lenqqhi.jpg

Saturday, February 20, 2016

Toxic Friendships- What do we do?

Its been awhile since I have had more of a personal post up so I thought that it was time! Recently I have just felt very thankful for my life. For those of you who have been following me for awhile you would know that last year I really struggled with finding friends and being happy with myself. At the start of this year I promised myself that I would never go back to the place that I was once in. I have realized a lot this year, the biggest thing being that I am so much  happier with two or three very close friends than a large group like I had always imagined. Being as I am still in high school girls are very catty and can just be downright rude. My mom has always told me that I am very mature for my age so you could guess that I really wouldn't react well with having people like that in my environment. There are these things known as a "toxic friendship" and I found myself in so many of those and looking back now I am just thinking, "why did I ever put up with that." Even now as we are getting older and older I am realizing that I still have a few toxic friendships. Everyone has their own definition of a toxic friendship but personally mine would be someone that is holding you from becoming the best version of yourself. I find that having a small group of amazing people in my life makes me so much happier than I could ever wish to be. It can be really hard to cut yourself off from these friendships because a lot of times it'll be friends that you have had for a long time or friends that you have been through a lot with. You don't need to quit them cold turkey, you need to remain cordial with them though. Everything happens for a reason and while it may be hard it will be so rewarding for yourself. Since I have been able to move myself away from the friends that were not the right person for me I am so much happier and I have realized how much the small group of amazing friends that I have mean to me, no matter what you are not alone. I know that it can be hard sometimes but life is so beautiful and oh so worth it.





Until next time,
XOXO
Kait

No comments:

Post a Comment